blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Ind arbitrator's guild
braddw25
Its looking like the independent arbitrator's guild will become a reality within the next 24 hours. I though, am particularly interested in the next stretch goal which will involve more detailed NPC. This is an area of interest for me because I have a ship that will require a crew of 5 and at the moment there are only two of us committed to flying it. I am hoping for some highly competent NPCs and I think it would be really cool if they work in a way for NPCs to grow and improve their skill levels as they gain additional experience. Just one more bit of intrigue to heighten the anticipation!!!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I agree. From what I have read if one has more than one game package, each package can become a personalized NPC that we can flesh out and have control over. That's one good reason for having more than one ship game package.

As I read this, I wondered if we could send said NPCs to specialized training... say as a gunner etc. I also remember reading about being able to hire NPCs of various skill levels with the better ones costing more. That's probably what we will encounter in the game.

It will be interesting to see how CIG actually implements all of this. idea

braddw25
The arbitrator's guild is now indeed a reality. If anyone has any intent of making any purchases, now would be a good time as it will lead to the adopting of more detailed NPCs in the game. As discussed, this could be a very important factor in determining just how good this game ultimately ends up becoming. Fingers are crossed!!!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
Rumor has it that the $55MIllion stretch goal will be to allow a limited number of Bengal class carriers to go on sale.

wdboyd
Expensive. Will require a large crew. Expensive again. asad Will need insurance. Probably very expensive. asad
Will need many fighter/attack craft with pilots. Very, very expensive. asad Lose it in combat and Very, very, very expensive to replace. medsob

I see a trend here. veryupset

Other than these things it would be nice to have one. noddingyess

braddw25
Agreed on all counts. Considering the up front cost of an Idris, I can only imagine how much one of these beasts will cost. In reality, I'm not sure that I would even want to own one in the game. If serving on board a carrier is what you want to do, then that option is available by staying enlisted in the military which would be a far more cost effective means in which to serve aboard a carrier in my opinion.

wdboyd
I think one might be feasible for a Organization with plenty of members to crew it and its' craft.

braddw25
That is true. I'm not certain though that I would desire to be a part of an organization that large.

braddw25
It appears as though the more detailed NPC stretch goal has been reached. Strangely enough there is no new stretch goal posted yet as of this morning. Could it be that they are running out of ideas for stretch goals? There was a rumor going around that the next goal would involve something with the Bengal Carrier being available. I guess it's wait and see time!!

braddw25
Does anyone else find it a bit curious that they have not posted a new stretch goal yet at RSI? I wonder if they are running out of new ideas to put in the game. LOL

wdboyd
I suppose it is getting hard to come up with new features for the game. impatient

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

I suppose it is getting hard to come up with new features for the game. impatient

The money seemingly continues to poor in in spite of this though does it not?

wdboyd
It's all good. No money problems should result in a great game.

braddw25
Agreed. It still amazes me how much they have been able to raise. They may have saved PC gaming in the process.

wdboyd
Star Citizen will drive demand for top of the line Graphic Cards and computers overall. Not to mention joysticks and HOTAS. It is simply a graphically beautiful game.

Toshiro
A lot like when wing commander was released. Certainly pushing the envelope.
BTW I thought I read somewhere that there is a couple of Bengal derelict out in space that can be salvaged. ???
Kinda like raising the Titanic. A big expense, maybe worth it?

wdboyd
Perhaps... if one gets there first.

braddw25
Yes, I think it would be very cool to find and salvage a Bengal or at least try to. I am certain that doing so would require LOTS of effort and money.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll