blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Completely crazy idea
braddw25
Ok, as William is quick to point out, when one or both of the admins here start thinking, crazy things can happen. I have an idea I wanted to get some input on from anyone who feels inclined to answer. I am very interested in obtaining an Idris frigate for use in game. The problem is they are VERY expensive if you can find one for sale at all. With such a big investment I would want lifetime insurance to protect said investment. It's highly unlikely that one will be able to purchase an Idris with in game credits that has LTI. So the only way to presently get one with LTI is either to go underground to the black market which is extremely risky, or to purchase one of the game packages that has the Idris in it. The cheapest in game package with the Idris and LTI is the war package that costs $5000. More than I am willing to pay unfortunately. So here is where my crazy idea comes in. I would be willing to set up a system here by which many multiple members could contribute to purchasing this package. The package contains 7 ships as follows.

Idris P
Aurora MR
Origin 300I
Origin 350R
Hornet F7C
Freelancer
Constellation Andromeda

My idea here is to get more folks involved by having people buy in to different positions as follows:

Skipper of the Idris $2500 (My contribution)
Owner of the Aurora $55
Owner of the 300i $75
Owner of the 350R 115.00
Owner of the Hornet 135.00
Owner of the Freelancer 135.00

I understand that these prices are around 10 bucks higher than you can purchase them in game, but recall that the new ships in game do not have lifetime insurance, these ships do.

That leaves us with several crew positions that will be needed for the larger ships in game.

The Idris will need 9 crew in addition to the skipper. I was thinking $148 per crew member.

The constellation will need 4 crew in addition to the skipper at $74 per crew

The Freelancer will need 1 crew at $74

I threw this together just as an idea. If anyone has different ideas as to how the prices should fall, I am very open to suggestions. I thought we could start a fund that I will oversee and manage. Payments can be made into this fund for whatever position anyone might desire until we reach the magic 5 grand level. At that point I will purchase the package and gift the ships to the appropriate new owner. I was thinking I would also be willing to work out a deal to gift the Connie game package that I already own and I would keep the connie in this package. That way the owner of that ship would gain instant game access in addition to the LTI ship. The price of course would have to be adjusted a bit. This also leaves us with the problem that its very likely that all who wish to buy in will not necessarily have a character to use it game. I have an extra character that I would contribute and I'm more than willing to work with you to help you get a character so you can actually use any ship or crew any ship you buy into. As I said before, this is a wild and crazy idea. I completely understand if nobody is interested as it would require a great deal of trust in me. I just wanted to throw it out there as a means for many to get some nice LTI ships cheaper than you can get them on the grey market while also giving me the chance to get an Idris.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
What a great idea! You have my interest. goodpost Crazy but good.

Offhand, I would be interesting in paying for a Hornet F7C LTI .

I plan on purchasing a Freelancer DUR in the future for myself. There is a LOT of information here. I'll have more input soon. But you can count on me for the above listed contributions.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
The cool thing about that Hornet is that they have a package that you can buy to upgrade it to the full military version.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
I should also mention that it is going to take me some time to come up with the $2500 for the Idris, so if anyone is thinking about getting in on this, there is some time to save up or if you wish make monthly payments to the fund. I would be willing to put it all on a spread sheet and make it available on the site to view at any time. Also, if you are nervous about sending me money, I will promptly send you a receipt for any funds received and I would bet that William would be willing to help oversee to make sure all is on the up and up. He has proven his trustworthiness by promising to purchase and gift game packages to people and faithfully following through. Neither one of us is trying to get rich quick here, we both just have a genuine interest in this game and in getting others involved with us.

braddw25
For any who are not familiar with the advantages of Lifetime insurance on a craft, I thought I would provide a brief explanation. For those of us who bought into Star Citizen way back in the very beginning, one of the perks we received for being an early backer was lifetime insurance on ships we originally purchased. The advantage of lifetime insurance is that your ship is covered against loss basically forever in game terms. So if you get blown up in game, your ship is replaced free of charge. For anyone wishing to get into the game now, you will not have LTI on your ship unless you happened to have large amounts of money ($1000) and up to purchase one of the special packages like the one in my proposal. This plan I cooked up if we end up doing it, will enable 6 other players or more if some want to share a single ship to have Lifetime insurance coverage. To be clear, you can still buy insurance for ships without LTI, but it will be an additional expense in game that you will have to deal with. To me anyway, LTI is a nice perk that eliminates the hassle of having to worry about "paying" for ship insurance. William, please feel free to add any additional information I may have missed.

wdboyd
Salutations,

We here at Starshattermods.net are trying to draw people to Star Citizen who will actively participate with us together online. Most importantly, Bradd and I want to do this with people we can trust and that trust us to act in their best gaming interest.

Please take some of your valuable time and investigate the developing Star Citizen Sci-Fi game. Go to their webpage and explore. Link below.

We think Star Citizen will be a great online simulation. Just think.... we will be able to actually crew multi-crew ships and explore its' universe online.... together. As previously mentioned, we want to do this with players we can trust. That's the bottom line. That's what is most important to us. Consider joining us in the universe they are developing. It should be fun, challenging and rewarding.
Investigate the game and hopefully we will have many of you actively join us in the verse. There is a LOT of information available... don't let it overwhelm you. research

P.S. Upon release, The game will also offer a narrative Single Player game, much in the lineage of the old Wing Commander, called Squadron 42. A big difference between them will be the ability to have friends join in as wingmen (if desired) on the internet in coop play of Squadron 42 missions. All in all, pretty neat.

RSI Link
https://robertssp...tries.com/
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Anyone wishing to participate in this opportunity to buy a ship with LTI please email or PM me Braddw25 and we can figure out payment arrangements.

As a reminder we do have an organization established for the Star Citizen universe as well. Once again here is the link if anyone from this site wishes to join us. There is absolutely no cost to you to join this organization. Its nothing more than a group who wishes to work together once the game comes out toward a common goal. The main areas where our organization currently concentrate are in exploration as the primary and trade as a secondary. If we have members who would like to change that secondary, I am open to suggestion there. I believe that the primary will stay as exploration though as the two founding members (myself and Wdboyd) have both expressed much interest in the area of interplanetary exploration.

https://robertssp...SHATTERCON

braddw25
It looks as though this idea is not going to fly. The war package seems to be no longer available for purchase. There was not much interest anyway, but I thought I should make sure to let everyone know that it is not going to happen.

wdboyd
asad

braddw25
anquishveryupsetwaahimpatient

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll