blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Reading
braddw25
I've been doing some reading about Star Citizen and I ran across this article about owning multiple characters in game and some of the options we will have for using them which includes, just keeping them in reserve in case our primary character dies, gifting them to another player, or creating a custom NPC out of them. If I read correctly I believe at this point I have 1 characters. I got one with my original game package that came with my Constellation. The other two ships I own are stand alone ships and do not include a game package. I'm thinking now that if I purchase any more ships I will try to get them with a game package so as to have extra characters available to me. I also find it intriguing that we may be able to buy stand alone characters if we wish. The possibilities for this sim are truly endless!!!

https://robertssp...rification
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Yes, I remember initially reading about these things. Having multiple game packages would permit multiple (differently named) player characters was discussed. This may have changed though. I'll check the Q&A forums for more up to date information on this.

Later they started talking about player deaths. A player could be brought back many time with artificial limbs etc. until the player was so damaged that he/she couldn't be brought back. After that all of the players property would be give to a "next of kin", a child, nephew, niece... at the players choice. Play would continue with the new character.

I'll refresh my memory with your link information.

I do know that players can hire NPCs to help man craft or even fly support craft.

"Players who would like additional Game Character slots, either to create a second player character or to build a customized crew, but don’t have multiple packages will be have the option of a stand-alone Character Slot purchase from the pledge store without having to buy a full game package. "

I don't see this being offered anywhere in the RSI store. asad
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
My understanding ( and to be honest I don't know where this even came from I must have read it somewhere) is that this feature will not be made available until the full game is released. I was thinking it would be nice to have the NPC's available before that so we can practice with them in Arena.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll