blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Update!
wdboyd
Star Citizen's Arena Commander Pre-Alpha Patch 12.5 Released!

It is with a happy heart that RSI able to announce today that patch 12.5 has been reviewed internally and is approved for release to the community. Before we get into what’s new, changed, or otherwise different about 12.5 we would like to express our appreciation to the community. So, thank you for your assistance in finding and reporting on these issues as well as your patience and enthusiasm as we worked through the problems. Without further ado, here is what you can expect from patch 12.5…

All ships and items have undergone heavy internal testing, we’ve reviewed a bevy of player feedback, and we’ve iterated on changes a number of times. Keep in mind that game balance is an ongoing process and will never be hit perfectly the first time, especially with the complexity of our ships and their simulated systems. With top to bottom changes of virtually every tweak-able value on every ship and item what we’ve ended up with is the most balanced multiplayer dog fighting that we’ve had to date and we look forward to continued feedback on this.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

wdboyd
Salutations Star Citizens and Future Star Citizens,

The Origin M50 is HERE!

The galaxy’s premiere dedicated racer, the M50 packs a lot of thrust into a small package. It’s the ship dedicating racing fans are betting can take home the next Murray Cup… and it’s compact frame and powerful engines also make it a great courier or interceptor! If you need to be somewhere in a hurry (or get out of a jam quickly) then the M50 is the ship for you.

Featuring supercharged engines (Hammer Propulsion) that counter a tiny weapons loadout, and a new flashy automotive paint job, the M50 is a ship for going FAST. The core space frame is used by both racing teams and for military courier missions, but the M50 is a luxury spacecraft like no other. Perfect for the mercenary who prefers speed over armor in a dogfight… or the weekend warrior looking to impress the ladies or the gal to attract your man.

By the way... they are on sale for a limited time prior to game launch. Get over to a Origin Space lot and order you one right away. I did, some time back.

P.S.... Ship statistics a WIP

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!!!bb!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Salutations,

My M50 in my hangar at last. Golly gee, it still has that new craft smell. A beautiful looking craft. Gotta love it.

New toy pictures. Smile

wdboyd
Salutations,

Apparently.. I will be able to actually fly my M50 Racer in the next patch which also will include the new racing module and doubles all in-game craft speeds. woot

Wylann
Ok, that looks like fun. What's the flight model like? Is it similar to Starshatter?

I know I usually prefer dogfighting on full manual control. I still need to get SStGS patched properly, but I've got other games to occupy my time now, and not much time to play even those....

wdboyd
Hi,

I actually haven't flown any of my craft in the game yet. !eek!

I selfishly and deliberately decided to let others playtest and struggle with the current pre-alpha modular releases. But when I get my M50... I will take the plunge and start doing some flying.

From what I have read on the RSI forums the current flight model would be considered more difficult than that in Starshatter. Their current flight model is being changed in the upcoming patch release. Star Citizen is a WIP. Thus my letting others do the early playtesting before launching into the deep.

We will apparently have to learn by doing. Practice, practice, practice. Smile

braddw25
Same here. I have not flown anything yet either. I have just wandered around my hanger and it seems I discover something new each time I go in there.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Yes, this game is graphically amazing and it isn't even completed yet. I'll give a flight report when I take my craft out for the first time. I'm sure I have a lot to learn.

I love the graphic detail... I just hope the gameplay measures up to it.

I'm considering buying a HOTAS system sometime in the future. I only have a Extreme Pro Joystick now. It is a good cheap joystick.

braddw25
I just noticed that there is a fighter looking craft of some sort sitting in my hanger. Is that a free bonus or something because I never purchased a fighter.

wdboyd
Is it your P52?

Take a screenshot of it... and post it.

F12 key takes the shot then Press the ~ key to see where it is saved.

braddw25
LOL what is a P52? Is that something that everyone gets automatically? If so I'm sure that's what it is. I will post pics this evening. I have to go get ready right now for a picnic with the in-laws. My desktop is shut down right now and my laptop for some reason cannot run the hanger module.

braddw25
Is the P52 that sub fighter that comes with the Connie? I really don't believe that is what this thing is. I will post some shots of it later though. I'm out for now.

wdboyd
OK and yes the P52 comes with the Andromeda.

braddw25
Ok I was able to sneak away for a few minutes to try to get the pic of that ship. Unfortunately it appears that I have about 20 mins worth of updates to download. I appreciate that they continually update this thing, but this is getting a bit annoying when you want to just jump on and check out your hanger real quick like and have to wait for 20 mins before you can even get in. Is there any way to set an auto update I wonder. Looks like I'm back to having to wait until later tonight to post the photo.

wdboyd
Yea, I just updated. Every patch seems to take a l o n g time to download and implement. Frown

I pity those with a slow internet connection.

braddw25
Here is the screenie as promised. Upon further review, William I believe you are indeed correct and that this is my P52 snub fighter. I think I got this confused with the fighter than you can fly in arena commander perhaps'
braddw25 attached the following file:

braddw25
And here is the connie. I know nobody asked for this, but well I really like her ALOT.

braddw25
Here is my fishtank!

braddw25
Seems to be copious amounts of empty space in this hangar. I really need to do something about that.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll