icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Chronicles Of Starshatter
wdboyd
Subject: Status of Marak Prime
Classified: TOP SECRET R7 NTK/EO

As far as we can tell, the Zolon Empire has completely annihilated much of the human population of the Marak System. To date, almost every Marakan warship and civilian vessel we have encountered has been found drifting dead in space. There is little sign of intelligent life anywhere on the planet's surface. Everywhere we turn there are only more Zolons.

Until today, that is. A few hours ago, every Zolon ship within sensor range disappeared. We believe they simply used their peculiar FTL drives to go home, back to the core Zolon systems, where ever that is. Frankly, if that is the case, we are lucky this stopped when it did. Their weapon systems seem far more powerful than we thought possible. They took a devastating toll on the Marakan and Alliance forces in just a few days.

At this point, we seem to be out of options. President Valmar has recalled all their back to Alliance space. SolCom, on the other hand, will be sending a reenforce detachment to search Marak Prime for more evidence of why the Zolon Empire chose this moment to decimate the human population here. The Zolon Empire may not view the distinction between the Alliance and the Hegemony with the same gravity that we did. It is possible that they have decided to wipe out all humans in the Red and Blue Drift regions. For now, SolCom will run patrols to look for survivors.

For the time being, please remember that everything that has happened in the past ten days is classified TOP SECRET R7/NTK. If any members of the press approach you, refer them to your superior officers, or to my office directly. I'm sure there will be a board of inquiry convened when we get back, and we want to keep any unfounded rumors to a minimum until they have completed their investigation.

Thank you all.

Fleet Admiral Bradd Williamson,
SolCom Commander
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
Personal Log:
Jonathan Bismark

Several month ago Operation Nightfall ended. The Marakan Hegemony is no more. Trapped between the advance of our Alliance forces and the onslaught of the Zolon Empire, the culture spawned by the last descendents of Emperor Marak I has been more or less extinquished like a candle in the darkness between the stars.

From information found in official After Action Reports, the Terellian Alliance suffered historic losses while achieving a most profound victory. Unfortunately, the Alliance economy is reportedly in serious condition. They now face the long work of rebuilding their independent worlds, even as they prepare to meet the possible return of the Zolon Empire. Ironically, Sol's economy came out of the war booming. As a result, SolCom has, de facto, become the primary human super power in the Blue Drift region and the only super power in the Red Rift or old Hegemony space.

In response to the chaotic situation in Red Rift space the Sol Senate has ordered two Pro Consuls to the Red Rift with the mandate to ensure order in the region and to set up defenses against a possible conflict with the mysterious Zolons. Fleet Admiral Williamson and senior Senator Adelbert Ramesha were the designates and will hold the positions for a term of ten years.

Surprisingly, I was shortly thereafter contacted by Pro Consul Williamson and asked to volunteer my services in Red Rift space. I accepted the mission even though it was made clear to me that many in the Senate wanted to prosecute me for claimed war crimes during the late war. Pro Consul Williams pointed out that my acceptance would legally give me immunity from such prosecution for the next ten years. Not only that but the assignment came with a promotion to the rank of Commodore. I'm sure that will goad more than a few people.

I now have a command to bring together and get into shape. Hey, now I need new uniforms and rank insignia. Time to go shopping. Life is good.

Commodore Bismark

wdboyd
GALACTIC NEWS NETWORK

The Tween Aerospace Corporation has released information about their upcoming cheap and durable dual role fighter. Operational cost conscious governments have shown interest in the craft as a 'all in one' replacement for their heavy fighter and attack craft losses in the late war. It has been described as 'simple in design and function'.

Authorized press release F/A-22A Aspire Fighter Image.

braddw25
Love this!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Awesome stuff!

wdboyd
Personal Log:
Tween Research Facility,
Mars

I've just received information concerning my old squadron mates, Nemesis and Bosporous. They were granted transfers to my new command. From what they had previously relayed to me, refusals from their former commanders suddenly changed to approval when contacted by Pro Consul Williamson. Having friends in high places sometimes proves most beneficial.

With their transfers, promotions to Captain were confirmed. There are none more deserving in my opinion. I am most gratified that dozens of other officers and enlisted men and woman have actively sought to rejoin my command. It will be rewarding to serve with them again.

My ships have almost completed their refits. Professor Tween has apparently provided another advancement in defensive armor. It is reportedly a very thin layer of a sprayed on organic reactive polymer. Whatever that is. A unique side effect of its application is a noted darkening of any pigments. Personally, I like the darker paint and armor schemes of our ships.

Task Force Bismark should be deploying to the Red Rift within two weeks. Deep space is calling me.

I met with the Professor Tween a few days ago and he assured me that the ship polymer isn't the only advancement available or forthcoming for SolCom craft. New solar craft have already entered active duty and improvements to older models are planned or already in production.

He cautioned me about the Zolons. He said they have no sense of humor but fortunately have a great disdain for other races and cultures. Thadeaus felt that this attitude may preclude much attention towards our movements in the Red Rift. How he knows all he knows remains a mystery. He then walked away apparently talking to sombody that wasn't there. I wonder about him sometimes. He sure is a brilliant little alien though.

Jonathan Bismark
Commodore, SolCom

wdboyd
Encryted Top Secret: Personal

TO: Commodore Jonathan Bismark
FM: Lieutenant Susan Bismark - Special Operations Command, Earth
PATH: Earth Consular Net Center | Mars Main Traffic Relay | Mars Station

Hello big brother,

I trust you are well. Congratulations on your promotion. I'm proud of you but don't let it go to your head. It's big enough already.

I graduate from my special forces training tomorrow. I look forward to active duty. I have asked for service in the Red Rift. Hopefully I'll be working in the same space as you. Isn't that great? The Zolons facinate me simply because we know so little about them. I am asking to be assigned patrol duty in the Rifts outer sectors. We want and need to know more about them.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll get any free time in the next few days. If I do, I'll try to make it to Jupiter Station and see mom and dad. I want to see the museums on their Grand Concourse again. Come to think of it, I haven't been shopping in ages. They have some great shops there.

Oh, it has been intimated that I will be training to fly some new small deep space capable craft. Do you know anything about them? Regardless, it sounds facinating.

P.S. Don't try to pull any strings anywhere to protect me or limit my service options. If you do, I will learn of it and box your ears off and you know I will do it.

Love,
Susy

wdboyd
GALACTIC GEOPOLITICAL UPDATE:

The Zolon system location is a educated guess.

wdboyd
GALACTIC NEWS!

A previously unknown system discovered within the Red Rift. The Sardus System.

Very little is known about the Sardus system. It is sparsly populated and was apparently a secretive vacation spot for the Hegemony elite.

braddw25
Marisol Station Marshalling area:
Renser System Red Rift Space:

Bradd Williamson awoke from a restful sleep facing anohter in a series of very long days. Long days had become the rule rather than the exception since he arived to take his position of Pro-Consul of the Nothern half of the Red Rift Space. The Marakan war of Agression had taken a devastating toll on the system to which he had been assigned and this greatly contributed to the long days he was working. Having to work with a former senator turned Pro-Consul did not help matters at all. Being a career military man gave Williamson very little patience for working with political type, but Senator/Pro-Consul Adelbert Ramesha would have been a source of irritation even if he were not a career politician. Ramesha had somehow through political favor been able to change the senate's original plan from dividing the Red Rift into eastern and western halves into the current half baked plan which divided the rift into the war ravaged Northern Rift and the relatively unscathed Southern Rift. Williamson was absolutely certain that it was no mere coincidence that Ramasha was assigned to the Southern rift where he was undoudtedly already hard at work using his position there to increase his substantial personal wealth.

"Enough with those thoughts" Williamson told himself as he set about tending to this mornings work. At the moment what he needed most were equipment and people. Good people who knew their way around a starship and were good in a fight just in case the ever present, but illusive threat from the Zolons ever became a reality. To that end, he had already managed to get assinged to him a hard charging young Commander name Jonathan Bismark who's feats in the Marakan war were at the same time legendary and notorious depeinding upon one's point of view. Williamson's point of view was quite simple. Bismark was very effective at killing the enemy and was the type of commander Williamson wanted serving under him. By chance Williamson had also discovered while browsing his personnel files that Bismark's younger sister, Susan. Williamson did not know a great deal about her besides the fact that she possesed many of her older brothers traits both good and bad again depending on one's perspective. The task at hand this morning, however, was an interview with another potential subordinate named Craig Scotten. Scotten's disciplinary file was as think as any Williamson had ever reviewed. Scotten had been kicked out of the Terrelian Allicance Military at the beginning of the war and as a result established a someewhat lucrative and colorful career as a mercenary pilot. Flying antique fighter craft in this role, Scotten had achieved a remarkable kill record. After having a dispute with his commanding officer over pay Scotten fled in a stolen fighter craft only to fall in with a band of slaver's aboard a ship called the hateful plunder commanded by yet antother colorful individual named Roland Starkey. Williamson knew he would need fighting men like Scotten under his command if things went south with the Zolons as he feared they might. He, however did not hold Scotten's friend and now subordinate officer Starkey, the slaver in the same high regard. Given what he knew about Scotten's past personality, he did not want to begin their relationship by having to order Scotten to replace his moat truster officer. However given the stubborness which he was also sure was a part of Scotten's personality, Williamson was preparing himself to have to do just that as he headed toward the conference room where he was sure Scotten would be found waiting for him.
Edited by braddw25 on 02-08-2014 18:10
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
GALACTIC NEWS NETWORK
Special Report

It was planned as a simple stop over at the Haiche Protectorate to facilitate personnel pick ups and further re-supply but the Alliance High Command had set up additional plans. The Bismark Task Force was being honored for its' participation and exploits in the late war. Dozens of individuals were decorated but none more so than Commodore Jonathan Bismark. The SolCom Commodore received the following personal awards.

Golden Meteor

The Golden Meteor was awarded by the Alliance President, in the name of their combined Senate, to one who distinguishes him or herself conspicuously by exceptional gallantry at the risk of his or her life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in action against an enemy of the Alliance. The Golden Meteor is the highest honor that may be bestowed by the Alliance.

Bismark also received the following awards.

Operation Highland Campaign Medal
Operation Shining Fortress Campaign Medal
Operation Firestorm Campaign Medal
Operation Nightfall Campaign Medal
Flight Medal
Command Medal
Distinguished Service Cross
Gold Star Medal
Command Shield
Silver Comet Medal
White Star Medal

The affair was solemn and filled with pomp and military precision. It was noteworthy, to this reporter, that Commodore Bismark was self depreciating in his acceptance comments while profusely complimenting his ship and fleet mates for their outstanding performances and dedication. I left the function feeling enhanced respect for Sol High Command and all of its' service members. Perhaps the concerns voiced in the recent past about the questionable conduct of Jonathan Bismark during the war was misplaced, unfounded and politically motivated.

Walter Crondike
GNN

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif