sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Unlock campaigns
giordie85
Hello everyone, I hope you can help me.

I had almost completed all campaigns in Starshatters, but, after formatting, I lost all my progress in the game. Is there any way to unlock the campaigns and play every mission in the game?

Thank you in advance!

wdboyd
Salutations,

"lost all my progress in the game." That's a real bummer. Shock

While there are stand alone missions in the games stock campaign(s)... they are meant primarily as plot advancement missions. The game engine actually creates random mission for the player to contend in within the campaign(s). Therefore, they will be different each time one plays the campaigns. Frown

It is possible to open up the campaign files and remove the single missions for re-play (I used some as mission templates in my mods) but that takes some expertise in manipulating the game files.

Sorry, there is no "unlocking" of campaigns per se.

giordie85
The fact is that I really don't like the fighter missions. I managed to finish them in the campaign before, to be able to play the ships missions, and now I lost that possibility, and I don't wanna make them all over again, just that. I thought there must be a way to be able to start the campaigns n. 3 to 5 without re-playing all again.

braddw25
This is probably not a perfect solution, but it might serve your needs. Try downloading the file attached to this post. Unzip it in your Starshatter main directory and allow it to overwrite your saved game if you have one. This save file has a pilot who is already a grand admiral. Start up the game and you can go into the logbook and change the name of the pilot if you want. Now enter any of the campaigns and ask for a transfer to whichever ship you wish to pilot up to and including a carrier if you wish. Best of luck!
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

giordie85
Thank you very much, I'll try this now!

EDIT: It doesn't seem to work... I'm unable to transfer, the button is inactive...
Edited by giordie85 on 12-07-2014 14:50

braddw25
Did you click on one of the other units first? The transfer button is inactive for me when I first go to the forces screen, but as soon as I click on one of the other units that I am not assigned to the transfer button becomes active. Other than that, I cannot see why it would not work.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

giordie85
I tried clicking on any group on any fleet on any faction, and the "Transfer" button is still inactive... Sad

braddw25
Wow, that is very strange. I will have to look into it because I have no idea why that would not work. Wdboyd, any ideas on this one??

braddw25
This is a shot in the dark, but it's worth a shot. Try putting this player.cfg file in your main starshatter directory. Overwrite the one that is there if there is one already there.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Edited by braddw25 on 13-07-2014 14:10

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:
This is a shot in the dark, but it's worth a shot. Try putting this player.cfg file in your main starshatter directory. Overwrite the one that is there is there is one there.

This may indeed work Bradd. bigsmile

REQUESTING A TRANSFER
At any time, you may request a transfer to any combat-ready unit in Force:Space. The Transfer button will be enabled when you select a playable unit. Click the Transfer button to request atransfer from Force:Command.

Note that certain units have rank requirements and so your requestmay be denied. You must possess a command rank to take command of a starship squadron, and you must be a member of the Admiral’s Club to command a carrier group.

Otherwise, I think one can only "transfer" after actually achieving or completing a level of missions in a give campaign. Frown

This situation shows the wisdom of saving ones game progress often.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll