blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Freelancer
braddw25
Here is a shot of the freelancer from Star Citizen. I believe that Wdboyd has either purchased one or plans to do so in the near future.

www.starshattermods.net/images/FL1.jpg
Edited by braddw25 on 27-12-2012 08:15
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
Another shot of the freelancer.

www.starshattermods.net/images/FL2.jpg
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Nice looking ship. Wonder how you would travel the galaxy in something as small as an RV.

wdboyd
With lifetime insurance, of course. Smile

Oh, and it can be confirm that I will be aquiring a Freelancer. I doubt that we have seen the final form of the craft.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Toshiro wrote:

Nice looking ship. Wonder how you would travel the galaxy in something as small as an RV.

I agree. It is a nice looking craft.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

With lifetime insurance, of course. Smile

Oh, and it can be confirm that I will be aquiring a Freelancer. I doubt that we have seen the final form of the craft.

Our little fleet continues to grow. I wonder if it will be possible to somehow acquire our own station or some other form of base to operate from? That would be cool.

wdboyd
Well. if it can be done, I'm sure we will find a way to do it. Smile

I am soooo looking forward to Star Citizen and learning all of its ins and outs.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Well. if it can be done, I'm sure we will find a way to do it. Smile

I am soooo looking forward to Star Citizen and learning all of its ins and outs.

Yeah, that makes two of us and hopefully more. Did you notice I just activated another new member. We are slowly growing this little community.

wdboyd
Yes I noticed that. From my experiance, good participating members are to be appreciated.

Toshiro, Lucan and kev11106 might prove be good members. Wink

Oh, last night there was a spammer on the forums. I delete the posts and the poster. Angry

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Yes I noticed that. From my experiance, good participating members are to be appreciated.

Toshiro, Lucan and kev11106 might prove be good members. Wink

Oh, last night there was a spammer on the forums. I delete the posts and the poster. Angry

oh, I didn't even notice that. Thank you for eradicating the problem spammer.

Toshiro
wow, spammers already. the galaxy is full of scum and villainy. And not just in Mos Eisley.

braddw25
Toshiro wrote:

wow, spammers already. the galaxy is full of scum and villainy. And not just in Mos Eisley.

Yes very true. Although I wish all the scum and villain would stay at Mos Eisley.

wdboyd
The new rendition of the upcoming Freelancer. Ah, there's the turret on the aft section and now only two engines. Still, I'm sure this is not the final form for the ship.

www.starshattermods.net/images/newfreelancer.jpg
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
I wonder whether that is an autonomous turret or if you will need to hire someone to crew it for you. And the plot further thickens!Grin

wdboyd
If I remember correctly the Freelancer is designated to have a crew of two and they both feature a M5A Laser Cannon [turret]. So I would think it would have to be manned in some way just like on a Constellation.

braddw25
Very cool. There's another potential spot for an additional crew member. As I recall, such spots can be filled with a real player or if you can't find one with a computer generated Non player character of sorts.

Lucan
I'll see if I can convince anyone in my flight group to give this sim a try once it comes out. With luck we can assemble an awesome team. Grin

wdboyd
Just think, if the game permits one to obtain a base... say an asteroid with landing bays, living quarters and defensive weapons, of course one would also have to supply such a base. This should not an inexpensive prospect and there would always be those that may want to destroy or capture your base(s).

For that matter, one will be able mod in such a base for a private server. If we can create planets, as indicate on the games website, we should also be able to creat habitable asteroids or usable small moons.

Oh well, just a thought. Time will tell. Interesting eh?

braddw25
Yes, very interesting. With the amount of money they have raised and continue to raise its hard to tell what awesome features might make their way into this game.Grin

wdboyd
Salutations,

Recent reports from RSI indicate that Star Citizen Captains will indeed be able to hire NPC crew members to fill positions on a multi-person craft!

Additionally, there will be varying quality involved with such NPCs. An Ace gunner or pilot will cost the player much more to hire and keep under employment. Also, said NPCs will actually be displayed in-game as a person... not as an empy AI co-pilot chair or turret gunner. I doubt that any AI controlled NPC will ever actually be as good as a competent live player but at least we won't have to worry about empty craft positions.

Conversely, the Contellations' Snub fighter will require a living breathing person to fly. But perhaps one could have an NPC co-pilot and fly the snub ones self. We'll have to wait and see.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll