sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Need help, WdBoyd!!!
braddw25
William,

Can you access the ftp page for the downloads section of this site? I am at work and unable to access it from here. If you can get into it, could you check to see if there is a mod in the downloads section called Dreadnaughts.dat?? If you remember, that was the mod I made that added a dreadnaught for the Terrelians and the Marakans. I am almost certain I uploaded it, but I can't find it on the downloads page. I am wondering if I saved it to the ftp and forgot to make it available here. If it's not there, I'm hoping it's on my HD at home. If not there, it may be vaporware at this point.

Confused1
Edited by braddw25 on 01-08-2014 12:50
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I have been unable to access the site using any FTP attempts. Frown

What exactly is the proper user name and password you use(d) for this your site?

I've tried using my FTP program using my username and password but am still unable to access it at all. Frown

braddw25
Windows 7 can access it without any other software. I have the login info written down at home. I will forward it to you when I get a chance this evening.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:

Windows 7 can access it without any other software. I have the login info written down at home. I will forward it to you when I get a chance this evening.

I can't do it that way now... I was able to do it once... but now I can't. I don't know why. !icon_mad!

Yes, please send me your login information. I will retry to connect to the site with my FTP program when I get it. Smile

braddw25
I sent you a PM with the needed info. Let me know how it works out. I will try to connect as soon as I get home.

braddw25
I was able to access the ftp site from my home computer with no problems. William, it is possible that I may have changed the password and forgot to mention it to you and that is why you are unable to sign on using windows. If you try it again using the login info I PMed you I bet it will work. IMHO it is a lot more convenient to access the site through windows than it is through ftp programs like Filezilla.

wdboyd
With the login information you provided I was able to get my FTP program to log onto the site. Grin

Life is good again. !smile!

braddw25
Wonderful news indeed!!!

braddw25
Did you use an FTP program or were you able to do it from within windows once again? I really like doing it through windows because it treats the site just like an additional drive on your computer as far as transferring files.

wdboyd
Yes, I liked the way things worked through windows too. I tried again and again attempting to do it through windows 7 but failed. Sad

I just uploaded the games 5.0.3 patch for others to download. !biggrin!

braddw25
You mean it failed even with the new login info? That is a bummer if so. Did you delete your old mapped network drive and start from scratch creating a new one? If you saved the old password before, It might still be trying to use the old password. Either way, at least you can access the site.Smile

wdboyd
Going the Windows 7 route simply doesn't work or make sense since my first successful use. I've upgraded to Windows 7 Pro since then... perhaps that is the problem. Regardless, I can't currently do it using windows. But at least Filezilla works.

I'll probably keep trying it with windows.

braddw25
I have windows 7 pro on both of my machines (desktop and laptop) and it works. Doesn't it just frustrate the crap out of you when things don't work and there is no apparent reason>> LOLAngry

wdboyd
I've tried everything I can think of. There has to be a reason.

braddw25
Do you have a firewall enabled perhaps? That could possibly be blocking it.

wdboyd
Yes, I have a firewall but that hasn't affect the working of Filezilla.. and I'm not inclined to disable the firewall just to use windows with ftp.

braddw25
There should be away to allow access to certain places if indeed it was the firewall blocking you, however, you are right. If it was the firewall blocking access, it would block filezilla as well. I don't know. But at least you are able to get to the site, that is the important thing.

braddw25
William,

I don't know if any of this will help or not, but there are several possibly solutions posted at this link....

http://answers.mi...75a06338b0

wdboyd
Thanks, I'll check it out. Thanks
Edited by wdboyd on 09-05-2014 10:28

wdboyd
Nothing seems to help. Angry

Filezilla works fine though.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username