icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Gaming?
Toshiro
Hi guys

Any games people are drawn to nowdays?

I was introduced to Worlds of warplanes and World of Tanks recently. Free online, although real money can be used to purchase items.

Still can't get Starshatter flight characteristics out my head though.

Toshiro

Lucan
The other games I typically play are World of Warcraft and IL2 Strumovik.

wdboyd
Salutations,

I've been playing a RTS/RPG game called Spellforce 2 and keeping an eye on the development of Star Citizen.

Oh, I recently re-loaded IL-2 1946 after getting my new replacement joystick... but I haven't gotten back into flying in it yet.

braddw25
I have not been doing too much gaming lately. From time to time I do work on my knighthawks mod on a very limited basis. I, like William, am keeping up on all the latest Star Citizen developments. I am sure when that comes out my interest in modding and playing space flight sims will return to it's normal level. About the only gaming I've been doing is playing a racing simulation called Rfactor. Getting ready for the 24 hours of Daytona which takes place this weekend and kicks off the racing season for this year.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:
About the only gaming I've been doing is playing a racing simulation called Rfactor. Getting ready for the 24 hours of Daytona which takes place this weekend and kicks off the racing season for this year.

Rfactor! I used to race in a vintage race car league using Rfactor. I had a steering wheel and pedals ... the works. Great fun. I started to download the new versions but it is a huge file. Do they offer a hard copy version. I might consider getting back into it.

Lucan
wdboyd wrote:

Oh, I recently re-loaded IL-2 1946 after getting my new replacement joystick... but I haven't gotten back into flying in it yet.

If you want to hang out with CaptainBlanc and I, we would definitely love to have you on board the Nosediver squadron. Smile

Our flight nights are every Sunday starting 6:30 pm ET.

wdboyd
Thanks,

I'm not ready for co-op or even solo play yet. Besides, If I remember correctly, I will have to download some very large files to fly with you guys. What craft are you guys flying currently?

I'm also considering getting "Rise Of Flight".

Lucan
wdboyd wrote:

Thanks,

I'm not ready for co-op or even solo play yet. Besides, If I remember correctly, I will have to download some very large files to fly with you guys. What craft are you guys flying currently?

I'm also considering getting "Rise Of Flight".

Yeah. The current version we are flying is 4.11 (I think) and the file is a little over 260MB zip compressed. We fly all kinds of fighters; anything from P-40s to Bf 109s. Right now we are in a European campaign flying P-51 Ds.

The other guys do Rise of Flight on Fridays (around 6ish ET I believe). I'm unable to play it since the intense graphics causes my pitiful video card to choke up and freeze.

braddw25
That sounds like TREMENDOUS fun, Lucan. I would love to join you guys at some point, but alas, I just simply do not have time right now.Angry
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Lucan
Time is a precious commodity, indeed.

Perhaps, things will settle down for you during the summer time. Smile

braddw25
Yes, they always do settle down during the summer. Till then I will do my best to work on Knighthawks when I can.

Wylann
I wanted to get back into online gaming with Aces High, sounds like it's similar to the WW2 flight sim you guys are playing.

My poor old machine just can't handle it anymore, though. So it's strictly old games until I upgrade, probably next summer. Going to be too busy with racing (motorcycle roadracing) this year (between race weekends and the $$$$ they cost, I ain't spending it on a computer any time soon).

wdboyd
Salutations,

"Rise Of Flight", more or less, requires a powerful computer to enjoy. It sure is a beautiful game though.

How dare you let "real life" pursuits interfere with your cyber activities! B)

braddw25
Yes, Wylann, shame on you.Angry

Just kidding of course. It happens to us all.

Wylann
Heh. Does this count as gaming?:

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Wylann/Mtorcycle%20Stuff/_BEA0970-2581635607-O_zps3bea12f3.jpg

That's me going trough turn 2 at Pacific Raceways. Smile

wdboyd
Yea, in a real life kind of way. bigsmile

I once raced motocross. Up into my thirties anyway. Smile

braddw25
Very cool. I used to do some racing as well. I prefer 4 wheels though.Wink

Wylann
braddw25 wrote:

That's twice as many wheels as ya really need. Wink

braddw25
Wylann wrote:

braddw25 wrote:

That's twice as many wheels as ya really need. Wink

LOL, that depends upon how safe one wants to feel.jumping

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Member Poll