blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Ice storm
Lucan
Power to my residence has been out for the past couple of days due to the massive ice storm that swept through the Midwest.

Hopefully, I'll be back on my own compy soon so multi-player sessions can resume.

Merry Christmas everyone!

braddw25
Merry Christmas to you as well and I hope they get your power back on soon! Stay warm and safe. I think the storm you speak of is hitting us in PA today. It's snowing quite hard right now.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Everybody ok??
Just wondering if you guys were hit by the storm.
I bet a lot of people had a powerless Christmas.

braddw25
We didn't get a whole lot of ice here. As is typical for North Central Pa this time of year though, we've had snow just about every day or so.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Lucan
I live in MI where the storm hit pretty hard. Some folks have been without power for over a week (our family spent three days w/o electricity).

braddw25
Wow, this is a bad time of year to be without electricity. Here's to hoping they get power fully restored soon.

Toshiro
Hello Commanders
How is the weather in the east?? Seems to be a long cold winter out there.

Toshiro

wdboyd
Darn global warming. Angry

braddw25
It has been very cold here so far this winter, but we have not gotten nearly the amount of snow that we usually get. It snows around here usually 2-3 times a week, and that has happened this year. However we seem to be only getting light dustings to maybe 1-2 inches at a time instead of the 5-6 in heavier amounts that tend to happen around here. Next Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be very cold with temps in the -5 to -10 range. This climate change stuff (no longer called global warming) is really wild.Grin

Lucan
The thing that really gets me during severe weather like this is the marked increase of idiocy on the roads. I don't know how many times I've seen people blazing though red lights even though they had PLENTY of time to stop.

Plus, I don't care how cold it is, anyone with an IQ greater than a fresh puddle of urine should know better than to run a gas generator from inside their home. Shock

wdboyd
Never underestimate the incompetence of our fellow human beings. !surprised!

braddw25
So very true. Many people around here think that a 4wd vehicle is like an Abrams tank and drive like morons whenever there is snow on the roads. Crazy.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll