blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Windows XP
Vas709
Do you like Windows XP? I do, and I still have it on my computer.

Please leave a reply if you like. Thank you.

Vasja Stojkovic

wdboyd
Salutations,

Yes, I like XP. Very stable operating system.

I used it exclusively until I put together my new computer which has the Pro versions of Windows XP.

braddw25
I think XP is a great operating system. In my opinion it is second only to Windows 7 and the difference is not very much. The slight advantage to Win7 for me is that I find it to be a littel easier to set up a home network on 7 than I did on XP. OTher than that not much to seperate the two.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Vas709
That's good to know. Smile

I would keep Windows XP as my main operating system until it ends on April 8th, 2014. I need some more backups.

wdboyd
Sorry... correction.. I have Widows 7 Pro. Frown

Vas709
I don't use Windows 7 too much. I have trouble installing Windows XP mode (a virtual machine) on Windows 7, and I lost the genuine. So I have returned to Windows XP.

braddw25
I forgot to mention earlier that the file transfer protocol (ftp) ability native to Windows 7 is another very nice feature.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Vas709
Have you ever visited the GlobalStats in the StatCounter website?

You can see how many people are using Windows XP, here.

braddw25
That is interesting but not surprising at all to me that 7 and Xp are first and second. I am just not a fan of windows8. From what I have heard, it's a very nice and stable OS, but its designed primarily to be used with touch screens which I do not like.

Vas709
Well I don't use touch-screen. With computer I feel okay. Smile

Vas709
Have you ever visited the Microsoft Products Support Lifecycle Policy?

You can see when Windows XP will end support, here.

You can click any other Windows you want to see in the Microsoft website.

If you can't see a small text, just press CTRL and then scroll up with your middle mouse.

Toshiro
Hi there
I have XP on an older PC. I kept it mainly for older games that don't work on win 7 or 8. I keep it stock from the disk, and it runs pretty well. Its amazing that it only uses about 250 mb ram. Thats without all the updates and stuff. Loads pretty fast. Also have Xp on a netbook.

Toshiro

braddw25
I have an older computer as well that has XP on it for the same purpose. Very solid OS. As I stated before the only reason I like Windows 7 better is because of it's ability to access ftp sites natively without the need for programs such as Filezilla that we used to upload stuff to the old SS site. With windows7 files can simply be dragged and dropped just as if they were being transferred from one drive to another on you computer.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll