sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Windows 98
Vas709
What do you think about Windows 98?

Personally, I think Windows 98 is a great old operating system so that I can run old applications such as DOS. You can leave a reply if you like. Thank you.

Vasja Stojkovic

braddw25
I absolutely LOVED windows98. In fact I purposefully held out through windows 2000 and windows millennium because I could not stand those two newer OS's compared to 98. It was by far the most stable version of windows until XP finally came along and forced me to upgrade. It had been similar with windows vista and windows 8. I do not care for either of those OS's and for that reason am holding doggedly to Windows7 which is in my opinion the highest evolution of the windows species by far.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Vas709
One can either use Virtual PC, VMware Workstation, or VirtualBox to run Windows 98 in virtual machine all the time. That will help. Smile

Lucan
My favorite old time Windows OS had to be Win 2000. Yes, it had a few quirks, but it was a rock-stable OS with few reliability issues (unlike Win 95 and ME). Many of the apps I used to run on the 9x series had a tendency of crashing unexpectedly with that ever-annoying Illegal Operation message appearing.

I also learned when working with digital art to save my files incrementally just in case one of them became corrupted (which happened to me on several occasions).

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll