blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Citizen's Lack Of Charactaer
wdboyd
Food Stamp Glitch Leaves Walmart Shelves Bare: ‘Like a Tornado Had Came Through’

Shelves at Walmart stores in Louisiana were cleared in a shopping frenzy over the weekend after a glitch in the Electronic Benefits Transfer system allowed government food stamp recipients to make purchases without spending limits.

For two hours Saturday night, customers rang up overflowing cartloads of food at stores in Springhill and Mansfield, La., after cashiers allowed them to use their EBT cards anyway despite not showing limits, KSLA-TV reported.

“It was worse than any Black Friday,” Springhill police Chief Will Lynd.

Police were called in to help manage the chaos, but no arrests were made and no one was unruly, Lynd said.

Frown

After the system came back online, customers abandoned their carts and left the store, leaving a huge mess behind.

Integrity and honesty?

braddw25
This certainly does not look so good for our society as a whole does it? I am afraid that it is all part of the shockingly pervasive entitlement attitude that FAR too many Americans seem to be developing. Work ethic and morals are being overcome by an attitude that says I am entitled to everything without having to be responsible for anything. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. Rest assured though that this will not continue indefinitely. This wanton disregard for the very value system that made our nation great will either end or bring about the end of our country. At that time it will be survival of the fittest and these turds who sponge off the system and then steal at the first opportunity will not be the last ones standing when they have to stand on their own.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll