sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Star Citizen News??
Toshiro
Hello Commanders

Just wondering if anyone has been playing recently. There was a free weekend, did anyone play??

Honestly I haven't touched the game in awhile. Little frustrated with how things are progressing. Any new update is a monster download.

There was a YouTube video of some backers who were also frustrated with the backlog of concept ships. Apparently it can take a year or more to get a ship in the game. Since they have used concept ships to bring in revenue, they also have a huge backlog of ships to work on. Something along the lines of 30 plus years to actually get those in game. Not to mention all the redesigning they have done to existing ships. Oh brother.

Hello from Canada

Toshiro

wdboyd
Salutation,

Sadly, this game has been in production over ten years and they haven't even completed the Single Player game yet.

Unfortunately, they have apparently taken in large amounts of money in pledges this year! Amazing. They have NO incentive to complete anything with that much income available for no results. I've basically given up on it.

negative

On the good side.. it still looks really pretty.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
I can't add anything to what William said. The game in my opinion is little more that vaporware at this point. I bought a brand new system 8 years ago with the intent of being able to play Star Citizen with all the graphics options turned all the way up. I don't regret buying that computer because I have been able to use it for many other things. However, it is a sad reflection on the state of this game that the state of the art system I bought 2 years after the game was first announced is obsolete now and we don't even have a single player game released to play on it. I had high hopes that Star Citizen would provide us with a new and improved platform for us to mod on to take the place of our beloved Starshatter. Sadly that has not happened and as a result our modding activity here has dropped to zero.

I truly miss the gold days of learning to mod and getting yelled at every day by Thaddeus. I would love it if we could find another platform to take us back even partly to those days. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to just about anything.

Cheers and Salutations,

Bradd
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I came across a very good Star Citizen Review.

Link below.
https://www.youtu...bB6iG_yYm0

!salute!
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll