sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Nebulous Fleet Command
Toshiro
Hello gentlemen

I was browsing Steam and noticed a new game in early access called Nebulous Fleet command. It looks like a cross between Homeworld and Nexus Jupiter Incident. It looks interesting, and ship battles that look a lot like from "The Expanse". Just a heads up to all who like Tactical maneuvering of Fleets. It had an overwhelming rating.

Not sure how modding is on this game. There is a workshop and someone made a ship. But because it uses Unity, i think it maybe more difficult. Still early to tell.

Toshiro

https://www.youtu...cDlzuv4ujI

wdboyd
!salute!
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Thanks for the heads up, Toshiro! I will be sure to check it out.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Hello gentlemen

Just a further update on Nebulous Fleet Command. I actually did go ahead and bought the game on steam. The game is still early access as before. The rating went from highly positvie to very positive. So it looks like a niche game for people who like tactical ship operations. It is not as aracde like as Sins of a solar empire, homeworld and such.
The ship/fleet controls take a bit of thought, weapon types/ radar types/ EW types/ Point defence types and ship damage control management and such. Very detailed and is a big learning curve. Will take awhile to get fluent in keybindings Personally have played vs AI and still have a hard time just finding enemies. Haven't mastered radar types yet i guess. In some ways if you had fleet engagements in Starshatter, it was somewhat easier. Heck even your XO was not bad.
The fleet is somewhat made up from a point system to control balance in game. The ship types or created ship templates have components that have a point cost. So you would want some diversity in ship capabilities, and only so many mounts for weapons, radars, ammo magazines, missile launchers and internal space for bridge, CIC, berths, Damage control, engineering and other special compartments etc. Lots to think about . That's why I think it is a niche game. It may not be everyone's cup of tea.

There ia youtuber " JDee " that has made some tutorials and tips videos. Anyone interested in this game should research these videos to see if it fits your style.

Toshiro
CompGreet

wdboyd
I get weary just reading about a large learning curve. I'm getting old I guess.

This game sounds like something I would have been drawn to years ago. It looks promising but it is still in Early Access.

I'll keep checking in on it. research
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll