sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Developement Schedule
wdboyd
Chris Roberts talks about what’s next for Star Citizen:

"The next step is the Dogfighting Module, which is due at the end of the year. You’ll be able to take your ships, you go out of your hanger and into space to fight against other players, or AI, in a sort of deathmatch setup. So it doesn’t have the story that we’re going to have, it doesn’t have a big sandbox universe. But we’re going to use it to balance the combat, we’re going to use it to do technical stress testing — like, how many people we can have in one area of space,”

“And then next year we’re going to have the Planetside Module, which is where you walk around the planet, go to the bar, get missions, talk/interact with other players, you buy equipment and stuff like that. And then we’ll have the Shipboarding Module, which is the first person combat when you board another ship. And then we’ll have the Alpha Single Player Story. Then we’ll have the Alpha of the Full game.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Sounds awesome once again. New features released early are always welcome!!!woot
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Greetings Star Citizens,

I’m proud to announce that the Star Citizen community has brought us to $21 million in crowd funding just shy of our first anniversary! This support is now allowing the project to expand on ideas in ways we didn’t originally think possible. Every additional pledge makes Star Citizen a better experience.

At the $21 million, we unlocked the full salvage mechanic, which allows us to produce the assets needed to make salvaging an in-depth game mechanic akin to exploration or piracy!

Salvage Mechanic: Salvage isn’t an aside: it’s a career, with its own mechanic, story tie-ins and universe-shaping endgames. Search the galaxy for a host of valuable and interesting secrets using both the flight and FPS components. Discover the secrets of the ancient Hadesians, locate valuable components and cargo… or go down in history the first to make contact an entirely new alien race!

In addition, we are unlocking a new $23 million goal: the addition of a Xi’an Scout as a playable asset in the game!

We’ve recently begun putting together concept art of Xi’an worlds, which got us thinking about the game’s Xi’an ships: how can we make them play differently than the standard human ships? We have a few ideas and with this stretch goal we can put them into the game! In addition to alien designs and interfaces, the Xi’an craft will feature a totally different maneuvering system.

Xi’an ship design will be focused on a vertical aesthetic and maneuvering jets that can combine to thrust in multiple directions. Gimbaled, larger-than-normal thrusters sit on the four points of a star in the centerline, allowing each thruster unobstructed hemispherical coverage. The Xi’an scout can rotate on all axes and direct four thrusters to the rear or front! Because of this configuration the Xi’an ship has superb linear maneuvering abilities on all axes. This extra maneuverability comes at a cost however. Xi’an ships favor maneuverability over heavy armament or defensive protection.

Instead of picking up an alien ship that simply looks different, it will feel different!

Here’s the description:

Xi’an Scout Unlocked! The Khartu is the light attack craft of the Xi’An military. Contrary to Human ship design, the Khartu doesn’t have a traditional main thruster, instead featuring an array of maneuvering thrusters on articulated rigs. This design allows for incredible agility, making them the bane of UEE pilots, who bestowed the nickname ‘Quark’ because when all of the thrusters are firing, the ship looks like a spark flying through space. The Xi’an Aopoa corporation also manufactures an export model, the Khartu-al, for sale to human civilians as a dedicated scout/explorer. The export model features the same Xi’an maneuvering rig, but control surfaces modified for human use and a more limited armament. (Designer: Aopoa)

Players can travel to a Xi’an commerce world to pick up the export version of the Khartu… or they can track down the military version in less-than-legal ways! Either way, we think that adding truly alien Xi’an ships at launch will create an even more immersive universe.

The initial ship art reminds me a bit of the Star War B-Wing.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Who would have ever believed 21 Million was reachable. I really think this process is going to revolutionize the PC gaming industry and actually save it. I was worried that PC gaming was going to die before this happened. Absolutely fantastic and the possibilities are endless.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Wow, simply incredible. They broke the record for crowd funding right??
CompGreet

T

wdboyd
Yes... and they are continuing to break the overall crowd funding record.

braddw25
Did they hit 23 Million yet?? Simply amazing.

wdboyd
They are over half way to 23 million as of this time.

braddw25
I might have to go buy something else to help out again. rock on

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll