sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Bridge Simulators
Toshiro
Hello Gentlemen

Just curious if anybody here likes Bridge simulators? There are a few out there on steam. Has anybody participated in an online bridge crew??

Toshiro

braddw25
Hi Toshiro,

I have never tried one. I have looked at them and find them rather interesting, but have not taken the plunge. Have you ever done so?
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Well i have tried Artemis before. but just with a friend sitting next to me on another PC.
It is ok for two people, but you have to man multiple stations. It can be modded. I have seen some star trek mods on their forum. I noticed a newer bridge sim called Starship Horizons on steam. Similar and better graphics. Its on steam. Take a look.

wdboyd
Starship Horizons

https://www.stars...izons.com/
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Looks very interesting. I am willing to have a go at it if others are interested!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Yes, it might be worth taking a look at.

I think it is still a beta. I think it can be obtained for testing now though. !salute!
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Awesome. I am going to go attempt to obtain it now! Thanks.!eek!

braddw25
I got the game installed. It is not cheap, but looks quite promising.

wdboyd
What does it cost?

If I remember correctly... one person and own the game and others on the internet can join in as one of the crew.

Please share any insights you gain from checking it out. pgrin

braddw25
It costs $60. I think you are right about others being able to join in though. That's pretty cool if that works. We will have to try that. I have not had much of a chance to try it out yet, but will report in when I do. I have to work at a JV football game tonight so I won't have time this evening. Maybe tomorrow.!salute!

wdboyd
Thanks

braddw25
I will try to take this sim for a spin today after work. If anyone is interested, we can possibly try to connect and goof around with the team play aspect a bit. I will post here when I am ready to start. Guessing it will probably be some time after 5PM Eastern.

wdboyd
twosmallthumbs

braddw25
I believe the link below should enable anyone to join my server to try to do muliplayer. Be advised that I have absolutely no idea what I am doing at this point so there will be a learning curve. For any interested, I will try to get the server set up around 6PM Eastern tonight.

http://174.55.128...

braddw25
We have an issue. I have to do something called forward the ports on my router in order for others to access my server. I have no clue what that even means much less how to do it. The game looks pretty cool, but I don't think I am going to be able to do a server setup tonight. I will ask our IT guy at work tomorrow to explain to me how to do this port forwarding stuff and then try again tomorrow night. If I should happen to get it figure out on my own (not likely) I will post another message here and we can try it.

wdboyd
Yea, I know port forwarding can be daunting.

The game site gives some directions about the process.

I think you have to know your external IP address. www.whatismyipaddress.com.

The forward ports 1864, 1865, and 1866 as per your router.

Then post your IP address with the suffix of one of the above ports.

We'll figure it out.

I hope. Frown

braddw25
The problem here is that I believe I will need to know the original user name and password I used when I first set up the modem. None of the passwords that I usually use are working and I can't remember what I chose. I'm not even sure I set it up then. It may have been Missy and she doesn't remember either.anquishBanghead

wdboyd
I think if you can 'reset' your modem it may go back to its' original settings. There may be a way to manually change the login and password.

Login: admin
Password : Motorola

That was mine. Some modems use Password as their password.

You can do a search for your modem make and model for its Login and Password.

What model modem do you have? CompGreet

braddw25
Its an Asus, but I already tried to factory default username and password and it didn't work. Going to try a hard reset If you don't hear from me again tonight, that means it all went to shit and I lost internet access. LOL!blue!

wdboyd
Bomb Do you feel lucky Bradd?

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif