blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Star Citizen
braddw25
Has anyone here tried to log in to Robert's Space industries lately? I have pretty much given up any hope of that game ever being anything besides vapor ware. I attempted to log in today to look into the possibility of selling my ships to recover some of the money that I dumped into that black hole only to find out that for some reason I can no longer log in. Not sure if someone hacked my account or what, but this will seal the deal for this nonsense with RSI become the singular worst gaming experience I have ever dealt with. To call Star Citizen a huge disappointment would not do it justice at this point.veryupset
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I can get to the site but have to login to my account for full access. The process is a pain. One can sign back it for only a year at a time. I'm not going to bother right now.

I agree with you assessment of Star Citizen. I am very disappointed with it. Fortunately, I've given up hope about it and actually don't care very much anymore. Still, the disappointment is real.

Amazingly, they still seem to have thousands of people forking out money for it! confused
Edited by wdboyd on 11-05-2021 09:06
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Its mind boggling to me that people are still willing to dump money into that black hole. Just crazy. If and when I can get access to my account, I'm going to liquidate EVERYTHING. I am no longer interested in anything pertaining to that boondoggle besides trying to recoup even a small portion of the cash I foolishly dumped into it.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
bluthumb
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
William, do you recall what you had to do to access your account? I have an email in to customer service but have not heard back yet.

wdboyd
You need to login to your account.

When you can't, you need 'recover your account'.

RSI will then send you an email with a link to change your password. They will also send you a code number to validate the new information.

Enter all the new account information and you will then have access to your information and data.

braddw25
That is my problem. They are claiming that there is currently no account attached to my email address. When I try to do the account recovery all I get is an email saying that there is no account associated with this email. My account may have been hacked it appears. Wonderful.

wdboyd
What?

That being the case... I have no idea what has happened to your account.

I assume it is the same email address you have always used with RSI.

It appears that your only recourse is through their customer service. negative

braddw25
Yes, I 'm thinking for my own sanity it's probably best if I adopt your approach and just reconcile myself to the fact that the money I spent on that game is lost. It's gone and it aint coming back.

I did send a help request in to customer service but have not heard anything back from them yet.

wdboyd
More negative news. I just checked our Starshatter Consortium membership listing and you are NOT listed at all.

It seems your account has been totally deleted.
Confused1

wdboyd
I just checked my RSI Friends list.

Perhaps you can share the image with RSI support to prove your account did exist.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
Thank you for sharing that image. That might just be helpful. If nothing else it shows what my callsign was/is. I had forgotten that.

braddw25
Update. I was able to loco my sliver Star Citizen car that came with the original package I purchased all those years ago. There is what appears to be an ID number on it, so that might prove helpful too. I just hope I can get a response soon from someone in the technical service dept.

wdboyd
Let's hope so. Good luck.
twothumbsup

braddw25
Just received an email from Customer support stating that they had determined that my account was hacked by some low life scum sucking maggot. I have to give the credit where credit is due though. They traced all the fraudulent activity which involved the selling of many of my ships and replaced everything that was taken. I have not verified this yet as I cannot sign into my account until I get home, but if they were indeed able to replace all the stuff that was taken, I am duly impressed.

braddw25
Update. Had a most productive lunch break today. I was able to tether my personal laptop to my cell phone and connect to the internet that way. Did the account recovery and I'll be damned. Every ship and every other thing I owned before was restored. In spite of my frustrations with them in other areas I do have to give RSI major props for this. They definitely came through for me in this instance.!bb!

wdboyd
This is great news!

It appears that RSI has some integrity and good records.

I haven't given up all hope for their game but I don't dwell on it anymore.

I just hope to see a finished product before I shed this mortal coil. asmile

braddw25
I should also be back in the Starshatter Consortium organization now I believe.

wdboyd
Let's hope so... I'll check.

Update, yes your are shown as a member again. woot

braddw25
I think I might just go home and reinstall this on my basement beast this evening. I can't even remember how long it's been since I have flown anything in game. Might be interesting to hop on and see what if any progress has been made. As I recall when we had joined up with Trip, we were able to fly in Arena and toward the end I think they may have even opened the persistent universe with a single system and a couple planets. I also seem to remember an incident where we had my Constellation ready for a bunch of us to fly in it together. When we boarded it we noticed that a perfect stranger had stowed away and was in the pilot seat. My recollection is foggy, but I seem to remember William pulling his sidearm and shooting that stowaway. Do you recall that, William??

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll