icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Star Wars Squadrons
wdboyd
Upcoming Game

https://www.ea.co.../squadrons

This may prove interesting, if it isn't too arcadish or too reflex reliant.

The game trailers look great.

braddw25
That does look like it has potential. Is it a PC based game I hope? There have been quite a few releases that I got kind of fired up about only to find that they were only console based.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
It is PC based.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
!bb!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
https://youtu.be/...

Squadrons Video.

braddw25
First impression is that the graphics are absolutely stunning. Easily on par with Star Citizen if not better. I share your concerns about it being too arcadish for our liking, but will reserve judgement on that topic until more is known. I do find it a hopeful sign that there seems to be provisions for dogfighting and fleet battles. It does not appear from that video at least that it is possible to command cap ships, but we can always hope for that. At this stage of my life, I am more content to command from the bridge of a cap ship than in the cockpit of a fighter where my slowing reflexes will be a hindrance I am sure. This is a release to keep our eyes on for sure though. Thanks for posting it.

wdboyd
Game released today. I'd wait for them to fix the bugs.

Check out the review below.

https://arstechni...ons-on-pc/
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
I already pre-paid for it at the discounted rate, but I agree. I will wait a bit to actually download and install it. Thanks for the update!!salute!

giogi
hi want want Smile i hope a friend will bring me that one in december

https://www.facebook.com/kike.perez.18
braddw25
If you get it, let us know. Maybe we can all fly together some time.

Toshiro
Interesting, I recently was looking at the x-wing series again. Then Squadrons was announced. Its 55 dollars canadian on steam. Think I will wait til Christmans. waah Will continue to watch the game play on youtube. Its been noted to be a bit arcadish. Perhaps new content is in the works. Would love to connect for a spin.

Toshiro

braddw25
Sounds like a plan, Toshiro. I already took the plunge and pre paid for the game at a discounted rate. So I will be downloading it for sure at some point. I prefer to wait until some of the bugs are worked out before installing it on my machine. If it does pan out, I think it would be great for us to have a group from this site flying together.

I have also read reviews that claim its on the arcadish side. Then again I have read reviews that claim it's very similar to the old X-wing series with of course far better graphics. I would be fine if that were the case. The videos I have seen are stunning as far as I'm concerned and if the game play is similar to those old X-wing games then it will be good enough for me to give it a whirl.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Member Poll