blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Sketchup 3d warehouse
braddw25
They have their own type of file called .alo for the ships and .ala for other models including the ground units. They are VERY easy to convert. Those Tie fighter models I sent you were all converted from .alo files.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
Here is the first of many. It will just take me some time to sort through all of the models. There are hundreds of different models included. This is a T3 hover tank. There are several different textures available for this tank. This particular one is the dessert camo paintjob.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
bluthumb

braddw25
Here is the same tank from before (The T3) in a different livery.

I will be in and out throughout the day today. Have several errands I need to run. I will periodically be posting more shots of ground units that I find in EAW.

wdboyd
score10
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Unfortunately, it looks like the models for some of the imperial ground units have been arranged strangely within Empire at war. I don't know why, but the legs for an AT-TE model for example are jammed up inside the body and are not connected together as they should be. I don't know if it's worth messing around with or not. I will continue sorting through looking for useable models. I'm sure some of them can be used, but evidently not all of them.

braddw25
I was able to find another usable model for a ground unit. This one is called the AT_AA. I assume that means All Terrain Anti Air.

wdboyd
Please bear in mind that we can't animate walking type vehicles. We can make models seem to hover and move over the ground.

I remember spending many hours to def my hover tanks to perform as desired.

Smile

braddw25
Oh yes. I didn't even consider that. That's probably not a bad thing anyway because those models with legs are all tough to get reconstructed anyway.

braddw25
William,

I assume there is a way to make treaded vehicles work in the game right? If so, here is the T2 treaded tank.

wdboyd
Unable to have tank tracks move but could have them move along the ground like a hover craft. That would work. In game the player doesn't actually get that close to vehicles.

braddw25
Works for me.!salute!

These ground units take a little more work to get them assmebled correctly than the starship models do. For some reason they have the ground units all messed up. The parts are just randomly jumbled together and one has to figure out how to arrange them correctly. That is why I have been so slow in posting them. I have quite a few of them that I believe will work in this mod, but just need to get the models put together correctly.

I will try to find more hovertanks and less treaded ones because they seem to be more in line with what the game engine can accurately depict. I think that most of the rebels tank units are hovercraft anyway so this should not be a huge problem.

wdboyd
woot

braddw25
Presenting the Rebel T5 battle tank.

wdboyd
That's a good looking model. Wink

braddw25
UP next is the t8 tank. It has treads, but it would be very easy to remove the treads and turn it into a hover tank if that is our preference.

braddw25
Here is a better 3d view of the Ghost ship that I am trying to build. It is not going well. I am just not very good at making textures and I can't get my model to look right. Very frustrating. As I reported earlier I was able to download one from Sketchup warehouse, but can't get that one to covert into a reasonably sized model with a low enough poly count to get her in game. Very frustrating to say the least. I am going to get this ship into our mod somehow some way.

wdboyd
Is that what you have right now? It looks pretty good.

braddw25
No, that is just a model that someone posted on pinterest. I just posted it to try to show what I was trying to create. He is building it under contract to a game developer to be included in an upcoming game and therefore cannot share it. I am pretty sure it would also have too many polys for us. According to him it has a fully rendered interior and everything like that. It would have probably been a great model to mod into Star Citizen if that game would have ever amounted to anything besides vaporware.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll